Urinary Indicans Test
The Urinary Indicans Test is an accurate, fast and simple screening tool. It measures the putrefaction of protein in the digestive tract. It gives the practitioner a clear indication of the level of dysbiosis (bacterial imbalance) in the patient’s digestive tract.
Why should you have this test?
A major source of toxicity for most people is their digestive system. Foods, if not digested correctly, can become fuel for the growth of dysbiotic organisms. These organisms produce toxic chemicals, and when they die, fragments of their cell membranes can be absorbed into the blood stream and trigger an inflammatory response. Our bodies have several mechanisms to protect against toxins, but these defence mechanisms may become impaired, often as a result of being overloaded by toxic material.
Causes of a positive Urinary Indicans Test
Causes of a positive Urinary Indicans Test can include:
- intestinal overgrowth of unfriendly bacteria (dysbiosis)
- intestinal mucosal permeability (leaky- gut)
- protein maldigestion (or excessive intake)
- consumption of foods not recommended for your blood type
- bile duct obstruction
- accelerated protein decomposition (as seen in septicaemia)
How is the test performed?
This test is very simple and non-invasive. The patient gives a urine sample, which is mixed with specific reagents. The practitioner then compares the colour of the sample with a chart to get a clear indication of gastrointestinal toxicity.
What are the common signs and symptoms of gastrointestinal toxicity?
- bloating, indigestion, excessive flatulence
- constipation, diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome
- fatigue, lethargy and apathy
- difficulty concentrating, poor memory, recurrent headaches
- muscle aching or weakness
- poor immune function
- depression, anxiety, mood swings due to impaired hormone clearance
- weight gain
- skin disorders such as acne, eczema and psoriasis
How can the Naturopaths at The Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic help to resolve these conditions?
After a thorough consultation and examination of all test results, your practitioner may put you on a program of detoxification and repair.
This would most likely include:
- reducing toxic exposure through dietary and lifestyle changes
- removing unwanted bacteria and waste from your digestive system, as well as any fungal and parasitic overgrowths
- renewing and repairing the lining of the digestive tract
- replacing the bad bacteria with healthy ones
- improving digestive function by supporting organs such as the stomach, liver, gall bladder and kidneys
- assisting the body to release toxins more effectively
Book in to the Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic today and let our Naturopaths bring your body back in to balance.
Our clinic is located at 49 Chetwynd St, North Melbourne. You can make an appointment online, email us or phone us on (03) 96862566.