This is a bit of a sshhh don’t tell the kids recipe.
A wonderful gluten and grain free option for those needing it, or for those wanting to try something a little bit different.
- 1 large head of organic cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried pregano
- sea-salt flakes and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- Plus your favourite pizza toppings
- Pre-head oven to 200 degrees
- Mix chia seeds and water together and leave in fridge for minimum of 20 minutes.
- Place chopped cauliflower in a high powered blender or food processor and blend until the texture resembles rice grains.
- Measure out approximately 3 cups worth into a large mixing bowl and add ground almonds, oregano, salt, pepper, and chia mixture.
- Combine ingredients well and shape into a ball. The texture will be a little sticky.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, place the ball of dough in the middle and using your hands begin to flatted out into a circle shape. It’s best to make a ridge around the outside to resemble the crust of a traditional pizza (it will help keep your toppings on top of your pizza).
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Now you can add your favourite toppings, then put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes and you’re ready to enjoy.
Tomato base, with olives, thinly sliced zucchini and fresh basil.
Pesto base, with roasted pumpkin, and artichokes.
Hommus base, with chargrilled capsicum, rocket, and chili.
We’d love to see your creations so if you post a picture of your delicious meal on social media don’t forget to tag us or use the hashtag #mnmclinic