A versatile condiment that is so easy to make.
- 450 g cooked chickpeas
- 1½ tablespoons of tahini
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (to taste)
- A pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin (optional)
- ¼ cup of water (to adjust consistency if required)
- A pinch of ground paprika to serve
- A pinch of cayenne pepper or finely chopped chilli (optional)
- Place cooked chickpeas and tahini into a food processor.
- Add garlic, olive oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, sea salt and cumin (if using). Blend
at a low speed until smooth, scraping down the sides if required to combine thoroughly.
- Gradually add extra water if a smoother consistency is required and more lemon juice to taste.
- Spoon into a dish and sprinkle with ground paprika. Cover and refrigerate for the flavours to combine or until ready to serve.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or finely chopped chilli if a spicier hommus is desired.
- Add some baby spinach at step one for a super green hommus
(Recipe credit Metagenics)