Tasty burgers with a bit of a kick!
- 450g skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup fresh spring onions or celery if you are fructose intolerant, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander or basil, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 heaped tbs of wasabi paste (add more to desire heat)
- Splash of water to make a soft sticky consistency
- 1 tbs of Coconut oil for frying
- Cut Salmon into 1 cm cubes.
- In a large bowl combine salmon, ginger, spring onions, coriander, eggs, lime juice, almond meal, wasabi paste and salt. Combine and mix well.
- Form salmon batter into 5cm patties with your hands
- Heat coconut oil in a non stick pan and cook over medium high heat. Cook patties in batches until golden brown, 6 – 8 minutes per side.
- Best served on a fresh green garden salad or on a bed of steamed vegies.
(Recipe credit Angela Smith)