If there’s one way to tell how a person’s body is functioning internally simply by looking at them, it’s by looking at their skin. Clear, smooth, healthy skin typically indicates that a person’s internal systems are working fine. However, if you’re suffering from a particular skin condition such as acne, it can indicate the presence of other issues that have manifested themselves physically in this way. Melbourne Natural Medicine Clinic can provide naturopathy for skin problems of many types. We aim to help you regain your confidence through clearer, healthier looking skin. If you are struggling on your own, our naturopaths can help you regain healthy, radiant skin with treatments that work from the inside out.
Poor skin can typically be attributed to any of the following functions of the body:
Naturopathic treatment for acne and other skin issues can help to alleviate some of the factors in your life that might be manifesting themselves in your skin problems. Make an appointment with one of our practitioners to find out more.
It probably comes as no surprise, but we as individuals can bear a lot of influence over the factors that determine how good our skin looks, and most of them come down to lifestyle and nutrition. Here are seven things you can do to improve your complexion and appearance, in conjunction with your naturopathy for skin problems.
1. You are what you eat: It’s a statement that’s overused these days, but that’s because it’s true – so eat well! A healthy, well-balanced diet is crucial for good skin, and as part of your natural treatments for acne, your naturopath can provide you with dietary advice that’s specific to the skin condition you’re experiencing.
2. Be physically active: A minimum 30 minutes of physical exercise each day can help to increase blood flow to the skin, aiding the removal of toxins through sweat and improving your skin. As far as natural acne treatment options go, it’s one of the most beneficial!
3. Manage the stressors in your life better: Learning to deal better with the things in your life that cause you the most stress can help you to reduce inflammation and positively influence digestive and immune function, all of which can result in better looking skin.
4. Brush your skin: By brushing your dry skin prior to showering, you’ll stimulate lympathic circulation and assist your body in clearing away the build-up of toxins that can exacerbate skin conditions.
5. Wash your skin with pH-controlled gels: We are covered in a variety of skin microbes, many of which promote healthy skin. Washing too often or using alkalising soaps can strip some of these good microbes from the skin’s surface, making it easier for pathogenic organisms to cause infection.
6. Supplements: In addition to your naturopathic medicine for acne or other skin conditions, your naturopath can recommend a personalised regimen of nutrition supplements that may enhance your health and address the causes of your skin ailment – whether it’s related to your digestive system, immunity system or another issue.
7. Topical treatments: Working in conjunction with natural treatments for acne, topical treatments prescribed by your Practitioner may help to provide rapid relief.
Treating debilitating skin conditions like acne can be difficult, but you don’t have to do it yourself. By working on improving your diet and lifestyle choices with our highly qualified Naturopaths, as well as following their nutritional support recommendations that are specific to you and your skin condition, you may be able to achieve the healthiest skin possible! Take a proactive approach and call MNMC today for natural acne treatment. You can make an appointment online, email us, or phone us on (03) 9686 2566. Our clinic at 49 Chetwynd St, North Melbourne, is open six days a week.