An easy mid-week dinner.
- 1 piece of white fish
- ¾ cup vegetable mix – green beans, broccoli florets, zucchini
- ¼ cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup home-made or organic vegetable stock
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- ½ small clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon of almonds, slivered
- Pinch of chopped marjoram
- Olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
Ingredients for the Vinaigarette
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ dessertspoon of fresh parsely, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
Steam green vegetables until tender, strain and put aside to cool.
- Put all ingredients together in closed jar, shake vigorously a few minutes.
- Pour over vegetables and let stand (for vinaigrette to soak into vegetables 25 minutes).
- Clean, wash and dry fish.
- Coat shallow casserole dish with olive oil.
- Add garlic, onions and fry gently until onions are soft and golden.
- Place fish on top of onion mixture, pour over vegetable stock then sprinkle with parsely, marjoram and sea salt.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (200°C) until cooked (up to 25 minutes), baste a few times.
- Serve slivered almonds as a garnish and strained green vegetable mix from vinaigrette.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)