A colourful and tasty side salad that will continue to improve in flavour over a few days.
- 6 medium sized fresh beetroots, stalks removed
- mineral salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80g pistachios, toasted, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 100g Greek-style feta, crumbled
- 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves (added just before serving)
- Place beetroot in a large double steamer and cook over boiling water for approximately 30mins or until beetroot is tender when tested with a skewer. Set beetroot aside to cool.
- Once cool, peel the beetroot (you may want to use disposable gloves here to avoid staining your fingers) and discard the root end of the beetroot. Cut beetroot into large wedges, add to salad bowl with salt, pepper and vinegar. Toss well to coat.
- To make the dressing, in a screw top jar combine oil, garlic, pistachios, chives and mint and shake well.
- To finish, top beetroot with feta, drizzle over the dressing and combine well. Just before serving top with baby spinach leaves for some added greenery.
We’d love to see your creations so if you post a picture of your delicious meal on social media don’t forget to tag us or use the hashtag #mnmclinic