A super easy breakfast that can be prepared the night before.
- ¼ cup of uncooked quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tablespoon of almonds, chopped
- ½ cup of fresh berries
- A pinch of ground cinnamon to serve
- Soak quinoa flakes with ¼ cup almond milk overnight in the fridge. This speeds up the
cooking time in the morning.
- Add soaked quinoa flakes to a small saucepan with the remaining ½ cup almond milk.
- Heat on low-medium heat until simmering, stirring regularly.
- Cook for approximately 5 to 6 minutes, or until the porridge is thickened, smooth and creamy.
- Serve topped with chopped almonds and your choice of berries.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Variations: Use rice or other nut milk instead of almond milk if preferred. Add ½ sliced banana or ½ chopped apple instead of berries.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)