Colorful and tasty!
- 90 g calamari
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup mixed: shredded lettuce, celery rings, shallots, parsley, thinly sliced field mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Sprinkling of fresh herbs
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Dash of pepper
- Olive oil
- Shallow fry sesame seeds until lightly browned, put aside to cool.
- Add olive oil to a frypan.
- Place calamari in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix with egg and a dash of black pepper.
- Cook calamari mix over moderate heat for eight to ten minutes.
- Stir frequently, breaking up larger clumps until light golden brown and flaky.
- Set aside to cool.
- Prepare salad in small bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of fresh herbs.
- Gently toss cooled calamari mixture into salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)