Sweet and nutty chocolate and coconut truffles
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut and ¼ cup for decoration
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ tsp – 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of stevia powder
(this is optional depending on how sweet you like your truffles)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor and blend for 1 minute until mixture is dough-like and sticks together.
- Sprinkle left-over coconut onto a flat plate.
- Take a dessertspoon-sized portions of the mixture, roll into a ball and then roll in the coconut.
- Put truffles into a container and leave in fridge. Truffles will last in the fridge for about a week and they do freeze also.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)