A vibrant soup that is both light and fresh. Can be served warm or cold, so it’s perfect for any season.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 3 medium zucchinis, chopped
- 200g fresh or frozen baby green peas
- 1 bunch of fresh watercress, washes and chopped (reserve a few tendrils for serving)
- 1 large handful of fresh mint, chopped (reserve a few small leaves for serving)
- 1L vegetable stock or bone broth
- 2 tbsp natural Greek yogurt (plus extra for serving)
- green pesto, for serving (optional)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil, then add spring onions and zucchinis to cook for 2 minutes, constantly stirring. Next add the peas and stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling, cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until peas are tender. Remove pan from the heat and add watercress and mint, cover and let wilt for a few minutes.
- Transfer mixture into a food processor, add yogurt and puree until smooth. Add a little more water if too thick.
- This soup can be served warm or cold. To serve, ladle into bowls, season with salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, top with additional yogurt or green pesto, and reserved mint and watercress.
We’d love to see your creations so if you post a picture of your delicious meal on social media don’t forget to tag us or use the hashtag #mnmclinic