A fresh and zesty side that goes with just about anything!
- 2 ripe avocados
- A pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ to 1 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 red chillies, diced (optional)
- ½ cup of red onion, diced (optional)
- To serve: carrot, celery, capsicum sticks or other crudités
- Halve avocadoes and remove the seeds.
- Scoop avocado flesh from the skin using a spoon and place into a bowl.
- Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado flesh leaving a few chunks for texture.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and add the lemon/lime juice, which prevents the avocado from turning brown.
- Add chopped tomato, coriander, garlic, chillies and onion (if using), and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow flavours to blend until ready to serve.
- Serve with a selection of crudités.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)