- 1 cup salad greens, include bitter greens such as rocket or watercress
- 1 hard boiled egg (sliced)
- Slices of red onion and cucumber
- 90 g of cooked white fish (or protein alternative)
- 4 black olives (optional)
Dressing: Toss salad with one dessertspoon of extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with vinegar (apple cider, red wine or balsamic) or lemon juice.
- To add variety: Blanched green beans, asparagus, anchovies, ¼ avocado, 1 artichoke, fetta, mixed herbs, oven baked capsicum or eggplant strips, marinated mushrooms.
- Try chicken or tofu for an alternative protein source
(Recipe credit Matagenics)