A great high protein start to the day.
- 2 eggs, whole
- 150 g white fish fillet, cut into two pieces (Hoki is a great choice)
- 200 mL water
- 3 teaspoons slivered almonds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Put the fish in a cool non-stick frying pan and cover with water.
- Bring slowly to boil, then simmer until fish is tender but not breaking up.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a warmed serving plate and keep hot.
- Bring the cooking liquid to a boil.
- Crack an egg into a cup.
- Using a spoon, stir the water very quickly to create a ‘whirlpool’ and then slide the egg carefully into the water.
- Repeat with the remaining egg.
- Simmer for three minutes or until each egg is firmly set.
- Meanwhile sprinkle fish with pepper to taste.
- When eggs are cooked, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on each piece of fish.
- Garnish with slivered almonds and freshly chopped spring onions, spinach and your favorite herbs.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)