- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 large carrots, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 cups of kale, ribs removed and finely chopped
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa grains
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice to serve (optional)
- Place the cauliflower florets and carrot into a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Place into a large saucepan with the chopped kale, onion, garlic and olive oil and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add quinoa, sunflower seeds, almonds, pepper and vegetable stock.
- Cover and raise the temperature until gently simmering. Continue simmering for
- approximately 15 minutes or until all the stock has been absorbed and
- quinoa is well cooked.
- Taste and add a pinch of sea salt if needed.
- This salad can be served warm or cold.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to serve if desired.
Variations: Substitute some of the vegetables with alternative seasonal choices such as fennel, capsicum, radish, broccoli, zucchini or spinach.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)