This salad will keep for two days and should be enough for two meals.
- ½ medium red cabbage
- 1 Granny Smith or other tart apple
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ to 1 onion
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
- ½ a capsicum
- Fresh shallots or chives
- Fresh finely diced garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Coarsley chop red cabbage.
- Peel and dice the apple.
- Cut celery, onion and capsicum.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for an hour, stirring once or twice.
(Recipe credit Metagenics)