Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect, filling, healthy dinner recipe! They start with my delicious homemade taco seasoning, some lean turkey, and black beans. Top them the same way you would top your favorite tacos!
- 3 large sweet potatoes washed and scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning plus 1 teaspoon (See below recipe)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 450g lean turkey or chicken mince
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- your favorite taco toppings (We love tomato, cilantro, sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat your oven to 220. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Cut your sweet potatoes in half. Rub them with olive oil. Season with 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Smaller sweet potatoes will take less time.
When the potatoes are almost done, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add a little olive oil or cooking spray. Add the ground meat, breaking it up as it cooks. Add in the taco seasoning.
When the meat is almost cooked through, stir in the beans to warm.
When the potatoes are done, gently mash the center of the potatoes to separate them. Then spoon the taco filling into them. Top with all of your favorite taco toppings! DELICIOUS!!!!