For the Rhubarb Filling
1 bunch (400g) rhubarb, washed, trimmed and cut into chunks
juice of one lemon
a generous pinch of ground ginger
4 tbsp maple syrup (YUM!) – you can use less if you want.
For the crumble
1 cup flour (I used buckwheat, or almond flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup oat flakes (gluten free)
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Chop the rhubarb into 2cm pieces and place in a saucepan with the maple syrup, ginger, and lemon juice. Cook gently until the rhubarb softens, around 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for the crumble together rubbing them together with your fingertips until a crumble mixture forms.
- Once the rhubarb mixture is ready transfer to a baking dish and top with the crumble mixture.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown