This is both a nutritious and delicious soup that is vibrant in colour and flavour. It’s quick to make so perfect for a mid-week meal or lazy weekend lunch or dinner on the couch. We’d like to thanks Gail from Active Ageing in Australia for this awesome recipe.
- 300 grams of broccoli florets (including stalks), chopped
- 2 small zucchini’s or 1 very large, chopped
- 1-1/12 litres vegetable stock (homemake if possible or good quality)
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Handful of parsley
- 100 grams baby spinach
- Lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
*aim to choose organic ingredients were possible
- Heat oil in a large saucepan at medium heat and add chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft. Add broccoli and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 litre of stock initially (then add the extra ½ litre at the end of cooking if the consistency needs thinning).
- Increase heat and cover with lid. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 mins.
- Add spinach, mint and parsley. Remove from heat and blend (a stick blender works well for this). Texture wise it’s nice with some chunky pieces left in the soup. Now is also the time to add the extra stock if the soup is too thick, just pop back on gentle heat for 1 minute more to heat through.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon zest to taste.
The soup is ready to serve topped with yogurt, sprinkled with dulse, yeast flakes and hemp seeds for an added nutritional bounce. Any other green veggies can be cooked into this soup.
Adding curry powder (in with the onion and garlic adds a nice alternative flavour. Be sure to include tumeric powder as well to keep the colour bold and vibrant.
We’d love to see your creations so if you post a picture of your delicious meal on social media don’t forget to tag us or use the hashtag #mnmclinic
This is Angela’s Mums delicious Green Soup made with all organic and home-grown vegetables.